• • •
Goodreads goal of 50: I read 58 books.
• • •
- Read at least 96 books, novellas, short stories, manga and graphic novels. Failed
- Read up to 5 translated works. Failed
- Read a book based in or by an author from every continent. Failed
- Read all the dragons. At least 5 books on magical creatures! Exceeded
- Read at least 10 nonfiction works (max of 2 biographies/memoirs). Failed
- Read 10 books from my physical TBR. Failed
- Read at least 10 books from my Goodreads TBR. Failed
- Read from at least 5 different fiction genres (my picks: Fantasy, World Literature, Historical Fiction, Classic, YA or Thriller/Mystery). Exceeded
- Reread 2 book series.Exceeded
- 10% of reads should be written by POC authors or with POC main characters. Exceeded
- 10% of reads should be written by LGBTQIA authors or include LGBTQIA characters (that have more than 1 line and aren’t token characters). Failed
- Read at least 1 book that explores neurodiversity and 1 that explores disabilities/being differently abled. Failed
- Purchase 1 book per month maximum (I don’t have to but I’m trying to focus on purchasing books I’ll really like versus on a whim). Failed
• • •
I failed this year on a lot of my goals. I’m not upset about it really, it was a shit year for reading. I had was lazy and had too many goals so in the end I committed to nothing and that being said, I don’t feel bad at all about it.
I did, however, start some good things like watch a ton of films thanks to my Cineworld card and become an audiobook addict.
• • •
the my Year
Favourite Four (physical books):
Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
Favourite Three (audio books):
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Book 1 UNABRIDGED By J.K. Rowling, Narrated By Stephen Fry
Sabriel UNABRIDGED By Garth Nix, Narrated By Tim Curry
The Fellowship of the Ring: The Lord of the Rings, Book 1 UNABRIDGED By J. R. R. Tolkien, Narrated By Rob Inglis
Favourite Two (digital books):
So, how was your 2016?