And now time to spotlight our favourite dudes.
1) BERNARD MARX (Brave New World): intelligent, shrewd, hypocritical, chronically frustrated, flawed but somehow you still root for him…I’ve been there too, Bernard. I also have felt surrounded by morons and injustice.
2) HELMHOLTZ WATSON (Brave New World): too-intelligent, too-handsome, too-perfect, humble, poet, a tortured god, gentle soul, tragic…
It sounds like I have a crush on him or something, but it’s more in an “aaw poor thing” way…which seems sarcastic when speaking of someone described as being burdened by their own perfection, but it makes sense in context! (Incidentally, I am far more likely to be crushing on Bernard. Actually I am. I have a crush on Bernard. He’s such a weasel BUT he is also maybe my spirit animal?…but I am not a weasel…!?)
3) MARKO (Saga): compassionate, dedicated to his loved ones, mostly pretty happy-go-lucky
**Claire’s Edit** I wanted him on my list but I figured since Nikki took him, I couldn’t make him appear twice!
5) JACK WILL (Wonder): loyal, strong-willed, level-headed, funny, congenial, sociable, strong moral compass
5) GEORGE MILTON (Of Mice And Men): ‘streetwise’, angry with the world, secretly compassionate, loyal friend(!!!), practical man with simple wants, skeptical of others
I’m still not allowed to write about Harry Potter guys, so I cannot extoll the wondrous virtues of Ronald Weasley, or any Weasley for that matter, Dumbledore, Flitwick, any of the Maudaders (except Pettigrew). So this list won’t be filled with my Top 5 Men (who are Ron Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Lupin, Dumbledore, and Neville). FINE. Since I have to make due, here are my Top Dudes, 6, 7, 8, 9,and 10
**Nikki edit**: hahaha ♥
1) Mr. Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit): because I’ve been told that my personality is more than a passing resemblance to his, and I have to agree. He’s dedicated, loyal and willing to give danger a shot (a trait I don’t share, my adventurous friend Jess or Nikki would have to drag me kicking and screaming into one, Gryffindor I am not).
2) Meriadoc Brandybuck x Peregrin Took (The Lord of the Rings): Such sweetness, such epic foolishness. I love these two and couldn’t just pick one. They deserve a proper pairing and friendships such as this are so rare and so beautiful, I envy them.
3) Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games series): I quite enjoyed this character, he had a different sort of survival mode, one less agressive than Katniss’ who stumbled into fame. He carefully constructed his docile yet brave image and that takes gut and brains. I never did that whole Team Gale versus Team Peeta. Katniss is more than a fricken’ relationship and Peeta is more than a side piece, he is an epic example of bravery and love.
4) Eddie Russett (Shades of Grey): An unconventional hero, Eddie Russett comes to realise the injustices of the world and says, you know what, I ain’t gonna just sit by and do nothing! My kinda bro.
5) Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire series): What can we do without humor? Life would be shrivled and meaningless. Dealt a hard hand, Tyrion is the pinacle of strength and brilliance. If I had a modicum of his wit, my life would be made.
OK, so I have to concede that this post was a bit easier to do than I thought it would be? Hmm… I’m still doing a Harry Potter top 5 men post though, I’d like to see Nikki try stop me! MWUAHAHAHAHA.
**Nikki edit**: I would actually love for you to do a HP top 5 men post. I just think HP has too many good characters that they end up just filling all the slots and we never get to hear about ALL THE OTHER fictional characters that deserve love! Just spreadin’ the love!!! PS: Neville Longbottom forever.