I’m putting a rule (note to Claire!) that you cannot pick anyone from Harry Potter. Sorry. (Maybe I should make that a general rule. I feel like I’d find out more about Claire’s non-HP loves that way which should be more informative…! haha).
1) SABRIEL (Sabriel): smart, kind, earnest and pragmatic!(!!!)
2) MIDORI (Norwegian Wood): fun, lively, uninhibited
3) GWENDOLYN (Saga – first appearance vol. 2): Sass-Master 9000, hot-headed, vengeful, badass, magical, stylish, bisexual
4) JANE/narrator (The Yellow Wallpaper): crazy and paranoid after suffering much oppression by the patriarchy…oooor…me at 40?
5) MOONIE & MEI LING (Revenge of the Mooncake Vixen): bold, weird, sexually liberated, rude, unruly; Moonie is lesbian & Mei Ling is a het nymphomaniac
I don’t believe Nikki is going to try and hold me on a Non-Harry-Potter rule, what the heck?! How am I supposed to work under these conditions?! I’m joking of course, lol, I see Nikki’s point (though I STILL think Hermoine should be on this darn list. And Ginny. And Luna. See, 3 women right there, maybe Cho and round it to 4!). I’ve done a post on this before by myself so you can go in the past and see it, I also did a post on attractive females too I think… I am noticing a pattern. I will endeavor to choose a different kick butt 5 women. I’d also like to say that from those two lists, only 3 of the 10 are HP related. HA NIKKI! I have a shelf on goodreads dedicated to Strong Females, yes, that’s a priority for me, so making this list wasn’t too bad.
1) Helen Rossi (The Historian): She makes me think of the phrase, something wicked this way comes. She’s smart, kick butt and immensely dedicated.
2) Seraphina (Seraphina series): Dedicated, highly intelligent and just a little bit tortured, but in a tough-girl way.
3) Fire (Graceling #2): She’s pretty darn responsible for someone a lot of people despise.
4) Serafina (His Dark Material series): Intelligent and very, very dangerous, I feel like we’d get along very well.
5) Karou (Daughter of Smoke & Bone series): artistic, driven and a little bit wild, would also be my literary BFF.
Other Butt-Kicking Women Posts
- Top 5 Leading Females
- Attractive Female Characters (this was, I think now, more of a list of bookish characters I’d love to date. Yah, I’m biased)
Who are your favourite female characters? Why?