Bookish Tea Pairings (1)

I was talking with my coworker again about our mutual love of all things bookish and tea. For me, I like to drink tea (I’m not a huge coffee fan, I will drink it if I’m desperate but I like it weak and sweet) all the time but especially when I’m reading! I started talking about making a list of tea I like to drink in general (because I associate tea with books, get it?) and she came up with the idea of pairing what I think of as the ideal tea with one of my favourite books. Mind blown. So I’m going to attempt it this time and see what it’s like to make this post!

Disclaimer: I might be linking specific brands of tea instead of a generic flavour. I’m not making any money from this post (it isn’t sponsored and I’m not an affiliate anywhere, I stopped doing that a long time ago), so if you choose to purchase a tea that’s up to you, I’m just using a brand to illustrate a point.

Bookish Tea Pairings (1)

A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan x Earl Grey

Tea1-2This book was so classic and Victorian with a unique dragon twist that I had to include what I think of as a classic British tea.

I love, love, love Earl Grey. It’s one of my favourite teas of all time and I drink it every day, easily. My family finds it too strong but I crave it constantly.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett x Peach Iced Tea

Tea1-3So, I know this is going to be a bad association but when I think of the south I think of sweet iced tea?

I know it’s clichΓ©d and it’s a caricature but when I went to the south they were always shoving the stuff down me! I drink Peach Iced Tea all the time because The Bahamas is so hot and I think it’s a good pair with The Help.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer x Magic Dragon (David’s Tea)

Tea1-1Hear me out! I know I’ve named a specific brand in this tea selection (I quite like David’s Tea as a company actually) but I think it’s a good pair for obvious reasons.

One being that it’s a red tea and the book is called Scarlet. Plus the name! Here is the ingredients list for Magic Dragon: apple, rosehip, hibiscus and blackberry leaves. Yummm!

Remember, this is just my opinion but I’d love to know how you’d pair them differently (or similarly)!

NameClaire

This entry was posted in Lists and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bookish Tea Pairings (1)

1. Anya says:

Love this! I think I will in fact try some Earl Grey when I finally find time to read A Natural History of Dragons πŸ˜€

2. Alise (Readers in Wonderland) says:

I’m not a huge fan of coffee either! Sadly, I don’t think I’ve ever tried tea, except for unsweetened when I was younger and that didn’t turn out so well. I do know most brands though, my grandmother was a huge tea drinker. Love your picks, I definitely think they match really well, even from just the names. The Earl Grey match is probably my favorite. Fun feature!

3. Lovely post idea! I am very much addicted to peach iced tea. ❀ I've yet to read The Help but it sounds like a great match!

4. The Nerdy Journalist says:

This is such a cool new addition to BWB! I’m a big tea and coffee drinker (despite my fear of staining my teeth). Magic Dragon sounds delicious.

My family is Vietnamese, so tea is a common sight for me. I typically drink black or green tea. My favorite is jasmine green tea because I’ve grown used to drinking it with my grandma.

That is such a wondeful story! My grandmother hated tea T_T actually my entire family does too now that I think of it. I’m glad you like it! If you have any suggestions or wanna do a post bave at it!

• The Nerdy Journalist says:

I don’t pay much attention to the brands I drink, so I can’t think of any specific recs right now. It’d be awesome to do a post about tea. I might take you up on that offer when I have sone free time!

5. Anne says:

Very cool idea! I really like the peach iced tea with The Help. You did hit that on the head. πŸ™‚