It’s our Stat day today! It’s been a world-wind year at Bitches With Books. First of all, we have 10,000+ views! I never expected that, I’d be happy to top 5,000! As you saw yesterday, some posts are obviously more loved than others, and that is no exception to our visitors. Five countries trumped our visitors list- hard.
As you can also see, the USA dominates the visitors list. I wasn’t really surprised by this, but what I was surprised at was the lack of Bahamian support I got! The Bahamas comes in third place, just a few visits away from beating Canada. All in all, we’ve had 30+ countries visit with Europe and North America taking the top for the continents. The Caribbean falls somewhere in the middle and Africa and South America falling somewhere near the bottom.
I think where your visitors are from is interesting as a blogger, I wonder if this list will change when I move to the UK in October?
When it comes to referrers, search engines take the top. Nearly 2,000 views come from searches alone. Other social media sites contribute to this, but what really threw me for a loop was Facebook’s dominance. I hardly ever update the FB page and now I’m thinking I need to do this more often. I spend more time on Twitter but few visits come from it! When it comes to individual bloggers though, I’ve gotten the most hits from Katie @ Doing Dewey and Kelley @ Another Novel Read.
According to WP.com these are the most popular search terms used to find Bitches With Books. A lot of it is quite fun and words that I’ve included in popular blog posts, so I was quite pleased with this. I had to laugh at Tinkerbell Is A Bitch! I thought she was anyway, so I’m glad others are justifying this! I must ask though, who is Mary Pearson?
Clearly my big breadwinners are,
- LOTR stuff
- Hogwarts + Harry Potter mania
- Faerie things
Now these were the search terms that confused me a bit.
- You cannot give your child Gully Wash, it’s an alcoholic drink, for the love of holy things, please do not give your child this drink.
- Does Cleopatra’s daughter really have sex with so many of them? What? Why are you googling this? And how the hell did it link to me?
- To the person googling List Of Crazy Swag Names: you probably won’t find that list online, I feel like swag just… exists.
- Nancy. Drew. Sex. Omgad, I am terrified.
- Frodo and Sam? Well at least someone else thought there were some homoerotic tendencies going on in LOTR.
- Oxford Bitches + Bitches Be Like + ❤ Bitches + Statement On Bitches… I guess this is my just desserts for naming my blog Bitches With Books. Le sigh.
Well I hope you enjoyed this random compendium of stats. And really, people, what the hell are you googling?!