Day 8: Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs!
- I like a good and clean aesthetic when it comes to blog layouts. If your blog looks good, I’ll follow.
- Visible social media links. I don’t want to look for your on twitter or GR.
- A small About or Blurb on your Home page is good.
- Pictures. Lots of pictures of your books, of what you’re doing.
- A lot of writing.
- A lack of use of internet memes or pictures (I don’t like it when authors use those images to illustrate your point. You wrote it, I get it).
- Personal posts (but not too personal, I just want to know you a bit).
- Catchy titles or blog names.
- Inclusion of non-bookish posts, such as your experience in school, recipes or songs.
- Inclusion of multiple-genres. I tend not too follow genre-specific blogs.
- Awareness of diversity in the books world (be it ethnicity, or sexual orientation and so on).
- International book bloggers talking about their experience at home and culture!
- Use of attractive fonts as headers.
- Good color scheme.
- The last one, thank goodness, I’m running out of things to say! Err… Consistent posting!
This was fun and hard to write. We’ve all got different things that appeal to us. So dig deep, what are your top 5?