Day 7: Talk about your blogging quirks.
Well, OK. My nickname is Quirky so this should be a breeze… right? I’ve been reading the quirks from some other bloggers and mine will be very different, if completely opposite to what everyone else is writing.
- I have horrible grammar and I’m not so much ashamed of that. I need grammar for school and my job, yes, but I want my blog to be pleasent so, I write like I speak. Take it or leave it.
- I do not outline my posts, I tend to just go for it. Which makes tangents and confusion and makes things a bit less polished. OK, a lot less polished but that’s my style and I know it bothers some people and some others are OK with it. Which do you fall under?
- I am picky as hell about my layout. I was never happy with BWB before, because I had a layout that didn’t flow well. I’m all about flowing, easy access and accessible links. Thanks to Nancy, I’m a lot less stressed about this now.
- Even though I’m not so great with grammar, I am extremely picky about continuity and consistency. I get very upset when I browse old posts and find one without my signature or missing a category or two.
- I overly-organize this thing. To the point where I complicate the layout, continuity or posts sometimes.
- I use my iCal to plan all of my posts! I have up to December 2013 planned!
- Do I stick to my iCal plan? Not so much. I try to do so but fail when it gets busier or when I get sick of the internet.
- Oh, that’s the next thing. I go through blogging phases, sometimes I’ll have 2 months worth of posts scheduled and written and the following month I’ll have about… 2 posts for that entire time. I’m weird. I know.
- I tend to review months after I’ve read a book. I don’t enjoy writing reviews for some reason, but I do them because I think they’re good (1) and necessary (2).
- I really want to learn more about CSS and HTML so I can eventually feel confident to run my blog in every which way by myself.
- I overshare and undershare at the same time.
Huh, so I had a lot more quirks than I though! This was super fun to write. I know yall have some stuff going on, spit it out!