Day 1: Make 15 book related confessions.
- I am a sucker for a good book cover- the brighter and moodier it looks, the more likely I’ll pick that book up.
- I adore NF but hardly read the NF I buy or pick up.
- I’ve got a library going on. If I’m not sure I’ll like the book, I read it on my Kindle. If I think I’ll like it, I get it in paperback for my collection.
- I tend to like movie adaptations of a book if it has a lot of artsy elements, even if it strays from the plot or the book *Coughs* The Hobbit *Coughs*.
- I like reading books but don’t enjoy writing reviews for them, that’s something I normally have to force myself to sit down and do.
- I have to read laying down. I can’t read an sit down, something about the way I bend my head that makes it uncomfortable.
- I tend to skip words when I read. I was taught to speed-read when I was little and when I’m really excited I go into that mode, which means I finish it quickly but miss out on the nuances of the book.
- I like big books and I cannot lie.
- I’m a bit of a genre snob. I won’t touch anything that comes out the romance bookshelf.
- I prefer second hand books to new ones.
- I hate it when people break the spines of a book! That’s sacrilege!
- I dislike a damsel in distress.
- I take my kindle or a small paperback with me everywhere- you never know when you’ll need to read. If not, an audiobook!
- I make up the pronunciations of words or characters names if I can’t understand them. Hermoine was Hermin till the movies came out.
- I’ve reread Nancy Drew and Harry Potter the most. I tend not to do rereads but for those books I make a beautiful exception.
What are your confessions? I’d like to hear of some!