The base of this Sangria is Cupcake’s Red Velvet. It combines Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. If you don’t want to make a red sangria, replace the Red Velvet with Cupcake’s Angel Food- or the wine of your choice.
Kat’s Cupcake Sangria
One Bottle of Cupcake Brand “Red Velvet” Wine.
2 Cups. of Triple Sec
1 1/2 Cups of Club Soda (7Up if you want a lot of sweetness)
1/2 Cup each of Strawberries and Apples
One lime and one orange.
One bowl or pitcher.
- Cut the strawberries and apples into chunks and put them in a large bowl.
- Take half of your lime and squeeze the juice onto the fruit.
- Cut the other half into thin slices (wedge those if you wish) and add them to the mix
- Cut half the orange and do the same as you did with the lime.
- Add the whole bottle of wine and the triple sec. Cover and let it sit for at least one hour.
- Before serving, add your Club Soda or 7Up.
- Fruit is very flexible. Raspberries, apples and strawberries also work nicely if you don’t want a lot of citrus added to your Sangria.
Learn more about Kat and her love of wine by reading Elegantly Wasted.
About author, C. Elizabeth Vescio:
Jack of all trades and stereotypical black sheep, C. Elizabeth has been writing somewhat dark and morbid since that teen angst hit somewhere in the early 90’s- probably because her dad was a mortician. After pursuing a degree in English, she changed gears to photography and design in 2006… although she kept penning stories for fun while reading the works of Edgar Allen Poe, Oscar Wilde and Hemingway (whom she adores even though he was a huge douche canoe). In 2009, her life shifted considerably and she found herself writing Elegantly Wasted- helping her sort out a bunch of stupid feelings and other lame stuff.